Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bruce Campbell News

I don't know about you, but I've been waiting over a year now to see My Name is Bruce. A horror comedy written by Mark Verheiden and directed/starring/produced by Bruce Campbell. A small town in Oregon is invaded by a monster, so the town's folk try to find someone to fight it. They see Bruce kick monster ass in the movies so they snatch him up. But much to their dismay, the actor drinks alot and knows nothing about fighting real monsters.

So I deliver this news with mixed emotions. Bruce's website states that the movie was going straight to dvd this fall after showing at 2 west coast film festivals last summer. I was quite excited. But according to this recent article on Fangoria, looks like we have to be a little more patient. Well welcome to Hollywood baby, cause the coolest stuff always gets thrown under the bus.

I have to say at least it's getting a release, but pushed off until mid-2008. Mark Verheiden's Blog reports that it will be packed with extras and being distributed by Image Entertainment. Still nothing on Image Entertainment's website concerning the actual street date so for now... we wait. When I know something I'll post it here.

In other news I heard a interview with Bruce on Fangoria radio. You can listen here. He states the sequel to Bubba Ho-Tep (excellent movie) called Bubba Nosferatu he will not be part of. He says he walked away from the project claiming creative differences with writer/director Coscarelli. I can only say, what is Coscarelli thinking. I honestly believe the only reason people saw the first one is because Bruce was in it. I have no interest in the sequel Nosferatu starring Billy Zane or someone else. Oh well, can't have it all.

No comments: