Thursday, November 1, 2007

Chiller's Dare to Direct Short Film Festival

I recently created a horror-comedy short titled Dracula Must Die for the Chillertv.com short film festival. I want to get recognized as a future horror writer & director and figured this was a nice place to start. I am still a newbie and have a lot to learn in the film medium but what came out in the end I couldn't have been happier with.

Chiller announced the winners last night to the contest which were voted for online, then finalists were picked by Chiller and a secret judge (turned out to be the executive producer of CSI) chose the winners in each category. Categories were Best Film, Creepiest Character, and Best Special Effect.

I received an email from Chiller that they wanted to air part of my film on their Halloween Special so with an excited grin on my face I hurried a dvd and all my legal forms off to L.A. I sat last night waiting and then it started. Drumroll please... drrrrdaaaadrrrrdeeee... I didn't see my film in the entire show. Not a frame. Oh well, better luck next year.

I am very happy for the winners of the contest, and that is what is great about film or any creative work, what is good is held in the mind of the beholder, and is not the same to all. So what the Executive Producer at CSI liked is her opinion, and many may disagree, but it is Chiller's contest, they make the rules.

So again congrats to the winners, thank you to all that helped Dracula Must Die come to life and supported it during the voting. It's still online if you want to see it by clicking the title above or here. And credit to the winner of Best Film this year, Rita, that is one creepy ass movie man, nice job and congratulations.

Maybe we'll all meet again in 08' for next years short film festival.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

your film totally deserved a spot on that show last night! best set, best horror/comedy, best creative script. Dracula Must Die was an original and unique take on the typical horror films. it would have been nice to see something a little different ... but congrats to the winners, i have to say i was creeped out by the last film, Rita, and some of those images will be burned in my brain for a long time .. thanks alot. :)