Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Halloween Coming Early This Year!

Trailer is here
Rob Zombie is hard at work in post production to meet the August 28th release date of H2. Don't get it wrong, it's not a re-telling of the crappy original Halloween sequel. It will continue with the aftermath of what has become of Lori Strode but in twisted Zombie fashion.

Rob was quoted by shocktilyoudrop.com as saying,

"When I finished Halloween I was so f**king burnt out that the thought of doing another seemed totally insane to me at the time. I was done. But after a year and a half break I started to think that maybe another one wasn't such a bad idea. I love the characters and felt that I had only just scratched the surface of what could be done with them. The basic story was out of the way and now the series could go anywhere. Seeing the aftermath of Michael's rampage through the eyes of Laurie and Loomis was very exciting to me. So I came back and now we have a movie. Never say never."

Filmed near and around where he lives in Atlanta, I can't wait to see what where he takes this story. I've read rumors online of the mask not being seen much in the film... let's give Rob a chance, he's proven worthy from his masterful compliment to Carpenter's original masterpiece. (read my original review further down the page) He has the passion for the subject matter and the creativity to take this franchise somewhere it has yet to go. I won't comment on that until i see the movie.

Supposedly the trailer is being released online this friday! Check back here, when i find it, I'll add the link! Happy early Halloween... muaaaahhhhahhhh!

No comments: